Wednesday, March 12, 2008

2008 - Brickinthebox Mock-Draft - Buffalo, Marv is Lost

Brickinthebox is live on tape delay from an Indianapolis bar across the street from the NFL combine. We secretly taped the conversations that occurred between ourselves and NFL bigwigs to gain some incredible insight into the NFL draft, which we are sharing here with our reader. Warning – Spoilers ahead.

As the bar continued to fill for the lunch rush, a commotion arose at the bar.

Bartender – No we do not offer a senior citizens discount, I don’t care who you are. You can leave for all I care, I’m too busy to deal with you today Marv.

Romeo – Marv, hey Marv…MARV!!!!

Old man turns around.

Romeo – come over here, I’ll get you lunch.

Marv Levy – Thanks, but do I know you?

Romeo – yeah Marv, it’s me Romeo Crennel, we have know each other for years.

Marv – It’s a pleasure to meet you; I’m Marv Levy, head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

Brick – Mr. Levy, I hate to be rude, but you haven’t been head coach of the Bills in years, in fact you don’t even work for them anymore.

Marv stares blankly at me for a few moments

Marv – A pleasure to meet you young man, I’m Marv Levy, head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

Romeo – just play along, someone will be here soon to pick him up.

Brick (shrugging shoulders) Ok, well Marv, what brings you to the combine.

Marv – Well we are always looking for bright young talent to add to our team, I really feel this is the year we take the next step and win the Super Bowl.

Brick – wow, shouldn’t you concentrate on making the playoffs 1st, Its going to be tough to get past New England.

Marv – New England, we have dominated them for years, and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. No the biggest threat to us in division in Miami and that damn Dan Marino.

Brick – Dan Marino… but he hasn’t….

Romeo – what my friend is trying to say is that you are real close, are you looking more at offense or defense.

Marv – Well Jim would always like more receivers and lineman, but if the Dallas game proved anything to us, its that we need to upgrade our defense to get the ball back and keep the K-gun on the field.

Waiter shows up at the table, takes Marv’s and Romeo’s orders.

Marv – Hello, I don’t believe we’ve been introduced; I’m Marv Levy, head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

Brick – Yes you are, you were about to tell me about who you are looking at on the Dline.

Marv – Why yes, Bruce Smith is one of the most dominant defensive ends in the history of the NFL, but we could use some help up the middle, someone to take advantage of the double teams that he demands.

Brick – so you don’t think an upgrade at corner or wide receiver is in order.

Marv – well you see the draft is a crapshoot, and you never know what is going to fall to you. A player like Glenn Dorsey could slip, or the best player available could be a big wide out like Malcolm Kelly, we have had luck with Okalahoma boys.

Brick – Dorsey…Kelly I thought we were talking 1994

Marv stares blankly at me for a minute

Marv – Hello, I don’t believe we’ve been introduced; I’m Marv Levy, head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

Brick – Ok, so lets say that Sedrick Ellis is there, would he be a player that the Bills are interested in?

Marv – Oh, no doubt. That young man would look great lined up next to Bruce Smith. He could make the difference in a rematch with Dallas.

Brick – well than it’s settled, I’m putting the Bills down for Sedrick Ellis, nice choice Mr. Levy.

Marv – I’m sorry, have we met… I’m Marv Levy, head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

Romeo – where is this fools nurse.




Brickinthebox mock draft:

1. Miami Dolphins – Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
2. St. Louis Rams – Jake Long, OT, Michigan
3. Atlanta Falcons – Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
4. Oakland Raiders – Chris Long, DE, Virginia
5. KC Chiefs – Ryan Clady, OT, Boise St.
6. NY Jets - Vernon Gholston, DE/LB Ohio St.
7. NE Patriots – Dan Conner, LB, Penn St.
8. Baltimore Ravens – Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
9. Cincinnati Bengals - Keith Rivers, LB, USC
10. New Orleans Saints - Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida
11. Buffalo Bills – Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC

No comments: